Get Your Free Access to YES! Presents: Solving Plastic
This event is now over, but if you would like to receive a recording of the event, please register for a free ticket below and we’ll send it via email.
The petrochemical industry continues to flood the world with plastic—poisoning our bodies and ecosystems, and driving and exploiting inequality. Take in this thought-provoking conversation with activists and contributors from the Solving Plastic issue of YES! Magazine as we explore the diverse ways communities are fighting back and creating healthier systems—and how you can be a part of it.
You’ll hear from:
- Erica Cirino, a science writer, artist, and author of the forthcoming book Thicker Than Water: The Quest for Solutions to the Plastic Crisis (Island Press, fall 2021)
- Sharon Lavigne, founder of RISE St. James in New Orleans and a leading environmental justice advocate fighting the petrochemical buildout in Louisiana’s “Cancer Alley”
- Christie Keith, international coordinator and executive director of GAIA (U.S.), a global alliance of grassroots groups, NGOs, and individuals working toward a just, toxic-free world without incineration
- Breanna Draxler, YES! environmental editor and moderator of the event
- Zenobia Jeffries Warfield, YES! executive editor and host of the event